A log cabin built before the town plat was laid occupied this site for over a hundred years, and was replaced by this three storey Queen Anne style house built in 1900 by Joshua Limerick for Edward Moore. It is located at 796 Queen Street.
This striking residence is characterized by its decorative shingles, stained glass, bay windows, and the circular corner tower with its conical roof. The building also incorporates a Classical pediment at the front entrance supported by a pair of ionic columns. Both the style and location of the house mark a transition from the early and mid-19th century buildings located in the original town plat to the late 19th and early 20th century eclectic buildings found near the Cathedral and Waterloo Row.
This building presently houses Gallery 78.