The Village of Stanley was colonized in 1833 when a group of London Merchants became interested in the area. The village is deeply rooted in agricultural, forestry, and fishing history. The landscape offers a scenic drive abundant in rustic farms, hardwoods with beautiful fall colors, and unforgettable scenes of the Nashwaak River.
The Stanley Fair, the longest continuously running agricultural fair in New Brunswick, has been held in Logan’s Field since 1851.
Stanley is an area rich in tradition and history. Numerous homes and buildings in the Stanley area are over one hundred years old, and many of those properties remain occupied by decendants of original owners.