December 3, 2022

History

George A. Inch House
Landmarks, History

George A. Inch House

Erected in 1916, the George A. Inch House, a 2-storey concrete structure is situated at 296 Church Street, the corner of Church Street and Churchill Row in Fredericton. One of only two concrete structures on Church Street, this one fronts…

Read More
A.J. Best Tailor Shop
History

A.J. Best Tailor Shop

The A.J. Best Tailor Shop was located in Meductic, a small village located along the Saint John River in southern New Brunswick, approximately 33 kilometers southeast of Woodstock. Sabian Cymbals Limited, a Meductic business, is well known on the international music scene as a supplier of…

Read More
CFNB Radio Atlantic
History, Landmarks, Show Business

CFNB Radio Atlantic

James Stewart Neill opened station 10AD on January 12, 1923. The station operated from the Neill home on Waterloo Row in Fredericton. 10AD's power was 10 watts. The frequency was 250 meters. In later years in became CFNB Radio Atlantic. …

Read More
Fredericton City Hall
History, Landmarks

Fredericton City Hall

The old Fredericton City Hall - including the city office, council chamber, magistrate's office, jail, farmers market and opera house - was erected on Phoenix Square in 1876. Mayor George F. Fenety was elected mayor in 1877 just as the city…

Read More
Translate »