It is presumed that this house, located at 217 George Street in Fredericton, was built by Dr. Joseph Hea, who became the first president after King’s College became the University of New Brunswick in 1859.
The front door was likely where the bay window is now.
Leonard Johnson, a manufacturer of farm machinery, owned it for a quarter century after 1877. The east triple window on the main floor features extraordinary hand-painted stained glass scenes of birds, cherry trees, and a portrait of the English poet & clergyman Robert Herrick (1591-1674).
This post has already been read 1516 times!Follow Us on Social Media