In 1922, Fred Tims acquired the expansive Lynch property, which had its frontage on Regent Street and extended towards York Street in Fredericton.
Timothy Lynch, a prominent figure known for his large-scale lumbering operations on the Miramichi, settled in Fredericton during the 1870s. He purchased a significant parcel of land located at what was then considered the outskirts of town. The acquisition of the Lynch property not only created new building lots but also facilitated the extension of Aberdeen Street, connecting York and Regent streets.
Taking advantage of this development opportunity, Fred Tims, a builder specializing in affordable housing projects, constructed this house and other similar dwellings along the newly extended Aberdeen Street.
This post has already been read 2818 times!