The Gagetown Ferry was a cable ferry that crossed the Saint John River, linking Gagetown on the west bank with Lower Jemseg on the east bank.
The crossing was 0.7 kilometres (0.43 mi) in length, took 5 minutes, and was free of tolls. The ferry carried up to 12 cars at a time, and operated 24 hours a day all year. It was operated by the New Brunswick Department of Transportation.
NOTE: As of February, 2016, the ferry service was eliminated as part of a cost-saving measure put in place by the government.
This post has already been read 1146 times!Follow Us on Social Media