The front portion of the James L. Beverley House was originally built on the corner of Church and George Streets in Fredericton circa 1874 for Beverly, a book seller and stationer.
In 1903 or 1904 the James L. Beverley House was moved and extended at its present location at 221 Church Street. External alterations and decorative additions may have been added then, which could account for this house having some later Queen Anne Revival tendencies, including the asymmetrical side tower.
This house has served as a private home, a university residence for graduate women, and a bed and breakfast.
This post has already been read 1687 times!Follow Us on Social Media