In December 1924 the NB Tel Building opened its new telephone exchange in Sackville. Designed by architect F. Neil Brodie of St. John, the New Brunswick Telephone Company building features brick with olive stone trimmings. With the change over to dial equipment more space was needed and in 1961 a one-storey structure was erected behind the original exchange.
In 1963 the Maritime Conference of the United Church of Canada took over the building and adapted it to serve as its head office. An addition was built at the rear of the building in the 1970s and it was used to house the Maritime Conference Archives which were moved here from Halifax. An access ramp was placed at the front of the building.
After the Maritime Conference and Archives moved to their new location at 21 Wright Street the building was acquired by Atlantic Industries to serve as their headquarters.
This post has already been read 695 times!Follow Us on Social Media