St. William’s Roman Catholic Church at Baines Corner, was once a huge church, with a rectory called Sweeny Hall and many barns and back buildings. They were all destroyed in the Great Fire of May, 1900 causing over $100,000.00 in damage. While the new church was being built, the congregation gathered for worship at the Baptist Church in West Quaco. This is the way the church looks today.
This post has already been read 660 times!Follow Us on Social Media