December 3, 2022

Churches

St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Doaktown
Churches, History

St. Andrew’s Anglican Church Doaktown

St. Andrew's Anglican Church, is located on Main Street in the Village of Doaktown. This wooden building was completed in 1892. Bishop John Medley, New Brunswick's first Anglican Bishop, was keen to ecclesiastical architecture and was responsible for the construction…

Read More
Saint Luke’s Church – Whites Cove
History, Churches

Saint Luke’s Church – Whites Cove

Rev. Abraham Wood from Yorkshire, England was the first rector in the area and he served the Parish from 1823-1863. On December 8, 1836, a grant of land was given to the Rector of St. John's Anglican Church. It also included land at the current…

Read More
Translate »