December 3, 2022

CPR

Cory Cottage
History, Show Business

Cory Cottage

Cory Cottage on Carleton Street in St. Andrews was built in 1830 and remodelled in 1915.  Cory Cottage was formerly the home of Jacob Haddock. He was a house joiner and undoubtedly built many of the homes in St. Andrews. …

Read More
Pansy Patch
History

Pansy Patch

Pansy Patch on Carleton Street in St. Andrews was built in the French Normandy Tradition. The outside walls are stucco with very little window space. The turret with wind vane, faux thatched roof, and many gables are strong characteristics of the…

Read More
Wood Block – Sackville
History, Landmarks

Wood Block – Sackville

Wood Block is located on Bridge Street in Sackville. It was built in 1914-1915 after the Music Hall Block was destroyed by fire. Originally this block was known as the Powell Block and was built in 1886-1887 as a distinctive three…

Read More
Fort Tipperary
History, Landmarks

Fort Tipperary

In 1812 - 1813 the threat of war with the United States caused three blockhouses and a garrison in which to quarter soldiers to be erected in the Town of St. Andrews. The garrison, called Fort Tipperary, was at the…

Read More
Translate »