December 5, 2022

marysville

Gibson’s General Store
History, Landmarks

Gibson’s General Store

Gibson's General Store, corner Bridge and Mill Streets, played a significant role in the life of Marysville. Built in 1863, the first floor was a general store. The second contained "Boss Gibson's office overlooking the mills. The third floor was used…

Read More
Marysville Cotton Mill
Biography, History, Landmarks

Marysville Cotton Mill

Lumberman, railway entrepreneur, and industrialist, Alexander Gibson (1818-1913) moved from Lepreau, Charlotte County, to the Fredericton area in 1862, when he purchased mill and timber properties on the Nashwaak River from Robert Rankin, Francis Ferguson, and Allan Gilmour. Ten years…

Read More
Alexander “Boss” Gibson
Biography, History, Landmarks

Alexander “Boss” Gibson

Lumberman, railway entrepreneur, and industrialist, Alexander Gibson (1818-1913) moved from Lepreau, Charlotte County, to the Fredericton area in 1862, when he purchased mill and timber properties on the Nashwaak River from Robert Rankin, Francis Ferguson, and Allan Gilmour. Ten years…

Read More
Alexander “Boss” Gibson Home
Landmarks, History

Alexander “Boss” Gibson Home

The Alexander “Boss” Gibson Home is designated a Local Historic Place for its association with the Gibson family, 185 Canada Street was built by Henry Pickard in 1864 for Alexander “Boss” Gibson, local entrepreneur who made his fortune in the…

Read More
Translate »