The Chaleur Region derives its designation from the Bay of Chaleur ( “The bay of warmth” ), so named by Jacques Cartier, the first European to visit the area. It was a warm summer day way ... Read More


The Town of Sussex straddles the Kennebecasis River, 70 km (43 mi) northeast of Saint John. It was originally settled by United Empire Loyalists moving up the St. John River Valley. The Town was named... Read More

Village of Minto

The Village of Minto, was incorporated as a village in 1962. The Village was named for the eighth Governor General of Canada, the Earl of Minto, in 1904 when the construction of the railway opened the... Read More