October 2, 2022

Rural

W.W.E. Smith’s Food Market
Landmarks, History

W.W.E. Smith’s Food Market

William Walter Embleton Smith was born 20 Apr 1839 in Alnwick, England. He died 8 Feb 1886 in Harvey. William opened and operated a general store in the Village of Harvey in 1869, shortly after his marriage. This store remained in…

Read More
McAdam Post Office McAdam Post Office. Photo by Steve Rogers.
History, Landmarks

McAdam Post Office

The first Postmaster in 1870 was James Haddock, followed by  Charles F. Hoben, James W. Green and William J. Gaynor who built a small building in front of his house on Saunders Road to serve as the McAdam Post Office.…

Read More
Hoyt Station Covered Bridge
Landmarks, Bridges

Hoyt Station Covered Bridge

The Hoyt Station bridge is one of three covered bridges in the Hoyt area. The Bell Covered Bridge is located on the Boyne Road at Juvenile and the Smyth Covered Bridge is located at Mill Settlement. Both the Bell and…

Read More
A.J. Best Tailor Shop
History

A.J. Best Tailor Shop

The A.J. Best Tailor Shop was located in Meductic, a small village located along the Saint John River in southern New Brunswick, approximately 33 kilometers southeast of Woodstock. Sabian Cymbals Limited, a Meductic business, is well known on the international music scene as a supplier of…

Read More
Translate »