November 27, 2022

wilmot park

Fredericton’s Splash Pad
History, Landmarks

Fredericton’s Splash Pad

The land across from the Old Government House on Woodstock Road is today known as Wilmot Park. It was developed for the public in 1895, but had been originally set aside as a "pleasure ground" in 1860 by the Honorable…

Read More
Wilmot Park Caretaker’s Cottage
History, Landmarks

Wilmot Park Caretaker’s Cottage

Built around 1882, this wood frame dwelling is situated on the west side of Odell Avenue in the south east corner of Wilmot Park in Fredericton. The building had originally stood near the front gate of Old Government House, opposite…

Read More
William Barrett Water Plant
Landmarks, History

William Barrett Water Plant

The original construction of the William Barrett Water Plant, a sturdy brick and stone building was completed in 1883 for use as the Fredericton water pumping station, drawing water directly from the St. John River.  In 1906 it was expanded…

Read More
Wilmot Park Bandstand
History, Landmarks

Wilmot Park Bandstand

Across the road from Old Government House in Fredericton is Wilmot Park, a time-honored public park and green space. In 1860, William H. Odell offered 20 acres of his land to the City to develop as a park or pleasure ground.…

Read More
Translate »