This circa 1841 house, located at 318 Brunswick Street, with its center gable was for many years owned by Thomas Temple, lumberman, sheriff, president of the Fredericton Branch Railway Company, a member of the Legislative Assembly, and later a senator.
Temple was one of those responsible for constructing the original St. John River railway bridge between Fredericton and St. Mary’s (Devon) in 1887.
The house’s Classical Revival porch and details give this residence an air of distinction and refinement that would have set it apart from many of the more modest early 19th century houses in the vicinity.
The building is currently a spa.
This post has already been read 841 times!Follow Us on Social Media