The construction of St. Paul’s Anglican Church began in 1856, based on a model brought by the Rt. Rev’d John Medley, the First Bishop of Fredericton. The church is associated with over one hundred churches that Bishop Medley had been involved with either in construction or renovation.
Bishop Medley’s interest in Gothic Revival architecture, recreating a medieval stone building in New Brunswick wood, and his desire to see the church maintain a visible presence in the midst of an evolving society, are well seen in the building and its location. The Sunday School building was built in 1879 and the Hall in 1963. A 1996 renovation project was able to connect all the buildings with a new entrance.
St. Paul’s Anglican Church is designated a Local Historic Place for its architecture and for its association with Bishop John Medley.
Click on a thumbnail to see more photos.
This post has already been read 1336 times!Follow Us on Social Media