St. Mary’s Anglican Church is a small 2-storey Gothic Revival style wood frame building located on Hall Street at the corner of Adelaide Street in Dalhousie. It is next to the Dalhousie Centennial Library and the Town Hall.
St. Mary’s Anglican Church is designated a Local Historic Place because it is the oldest existing church in Dalhousie.
Built in 1869-1870, St. Mary’s Anglican Church was known as “St. James” until the church was consecrated in 1873, when its name was changed to “St. Mary’s”.
The Gothic Revival architecture was typical of the churches built in that time. It is a small wood frame building. In 1913 a Norman bell tower and bell were added to the west end of the church. The church retains the original hand carved pews.
This post has already been read 1684 times!